The Lieutenant Governor attends hundreds of special events, ceremonies and celebrations across the Province. Accordingly, the planning of his schedule takes place several weeks in advance.
To invite the Lieutenant Governor to an event, write a letter of invitation in accordance with proper protocol.
The letter should include the following information:
- Background on the event and/or organization
- Date and time of the event (and whether these are flexible)
- Information on the venue, or if you are requesting the event be held at Government House
- Number of people expected to participate
- The role of the Lieutenant Governor; for example: presentation of awards, brief remarks, etc.
- Contact name and phone number
If you require further information on extending an invitation to the Lieutenant Governor, please contact the Office of the Lieutenant Governor (709-729-4494 or via email at email@example.com).
If the Lieutenant Governor accepts an invitation, guidelines are sent to the organization extending the invitation. Protocol guidance and other pertinent materials, if any, are also provided by the Office of the Lieutenant Governor.
Within one week of the date of the function, an Aide-de-Camp will contact the organizers to clarify any questions. The Aide-de-Camp will become familiar with the event plans and will provide assistance concerning protocol and timelines, such as: the time of arrival of the Lieutenant Governor; greeting at the door; reception; introduction of the Lieutenant Governor by the master of ceremonies; playing of the Royal Salute; seating arrangements; departure procedures; and so forth.
Note: Any changes to the event agenda after initial consultation with the Aide-de-Camp must be approved through the Aide-de-Camp prior to the event.